Belmont Courthouse State Historic Park
Belmont Courthouse State Historic Park is a state park of Nevada, USA, in the Toquima Range of Nye County. It is located in the ghost town of Belmont, 45 miles (72 km) northeast of Tonopah, Nevada.
The partially restored courthouse, which is open to the public, was built in 1876. Most of the restoration was completed by Brett Perchetti. It was the seat of Nye County government until 1905. There are limited picnic tables and public toilets available in Belmont; however, picnic and camping facilities are available at the U.S. Forest Service Pine Creek Campground in the Monitor Valley, located 20 miles (32 km) north of Belmont.
The Courthouse was deeded to the Nevada State Parks in 1974.
Reviews of Belmont Courthouse State Historic Park
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Submit a Review
This article uses material from the Wikipedia article "Belmont Courthouse State Historic Park", which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.