Cross of the Martyrs
The Cross of the Martyrs refers to either of two cross-shaped monuments erected in the 20th century in Santa Fe, New Mexico that commemorate deaths of 21 Catholic clergy during the Pueblo Revolt (the eponymous ‘martyrs’). The earlier of the two is near the Old Taos Highway, on La Cruz Road which is named after the memorial. It was made by the Midland Bridge Company for the designers Ralph Emerson Twitchell, Edgar L. Street, and Warren G. Turley out of reinforced concrete. The cross was dedicated during the 1920 Fiestas de Santa Fe. The Historic Santa Fe Foundation and the Fiesta Council commissioned in 1994 a second Cross of the Martyrs, this one of steel, near Fort Marcy.
|Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi (Santa Fe) (0.3 miles)|
Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi (Santa Fe) (0.3 miles)
New Mexico History Museum (0.3 miles)
Palace of the Governors (0.4 miles)
Santa Fe Plaza (0.4 miles)
|Loretto Chapel (0.4 miles)|
Georgia O'Keeffe Museum (0.5 miles)
Santa Fe Railyard (1.1 miles)
Santa Fe Railyard (1.2 miles)
Santa Fe Botanical Garden (1.7 miles)
Maps & Directions:
Get Driving Directions:
Cross of the Martyrs, 617 Paseo De Peralta
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501
This time, it's OK to leave a trace (Review)
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Submit a review of Cross of the Martyrs
This article uses material from the Wikipedia article “Cross of the Martyrs“, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.