Hogback Covered Bridge
The Hogback Covered Bridge is a historic covered bridge near Winterset, Iowa. Named after a nearby limestone ridge, it was built in 1884 by Harvey P. Jones and George K. Foster over the North River on Douglas Township Road. The 106-foot-long (32 m) bridge was designed with a Town lattice truss system. It was built with steel pylons to support the main span. The Hogback Bridge was originally one of 19 covered bridges in Madison County; there are only six remaining covered bridges in the county. In 1992, the bridge was rehabilitated for the cost of $118,810 ($229,000 today). The Hogback Covered Bridge was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.
Reviews of Hogback Covered Bridge
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Submit a Review
This article uses material from the Wikipedia article "Hogback Covered Bridge", which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.