Columbus Park of Roses
The Columbus Park of Roses, also known as the Whetstone Park of Roses, is a public park and rose garden in Columbus, Ohio. The 13-acre (5. 3 ha) park is located within the city's larger Whetstone Park in the Clintonville neighborhood. The free public park is operated by the Columbus Recreation and Parks Department.
The Park of Roses was established in 1952, following ideas for a city hall rose garden in 1946. The park was landscaped and planted in 1952 and 1953, opening in June 1953. The American Rose Society held its headquarters at the park beginning in 1952. The Park of Roses gradually expanded over the following decades, including opening its Heritage Garden in 1985.
Reviews of Columbus Park of Roses
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Submit a Review
This article uses material from the Wikipedia article "Columbus Park of Roses", which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.